top of page

Practice Areas

Immigration for Families & Individuals 

Whether you are looking to immigrate family members from another country outside the U.S. or you are trying to keep yourself or your family here, Cadavid & Associates is here to help with individuals and families to petition for relatives depending on their status.  We provide an individualized and personalized approach in each case to seek creative ways to achieve positive results. Some of the family based immigration matters we handle include:



U.S. citizens may petition for spouses, parents, children and siblings. Permanent residents may petition for spouses and children.

United States Citizenship and Naturalization Applications.

Naturalization Interviews

Adjustment of Status (Green Card) or marriage interviews

Motions to reconsider and/or motions to reopen denial of adjustment of status

Acquired or Derivative United States Citizenship.

Removal of Conditional Residence Status

DACA and DACA Renewals 



Consular Process 


601 Waivers 


601A Waivers 


National Visa Center


F-1 and M-1 Student Visas: Persons seeking to pursue a full course of study at a school in the United States may be eligible for a visa for the course of their study and, in some cases, a period for practical training in their field of study.


K-1 Fiancée Visas: A Fiance(e) of a U.S. citizen is eligible for a non-immigrant visa conditioned upon the consummation of the marriage within 90 days.K-3 Spousal Visas: A spouse of a U.S. citizen is eligible for a non-immigrant visa to enter the United States in order to apply for Adjustment of Status (the “Green Card”).



Immigration for Employers 

We assist business owners, investors, and human resources departments in complying with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and the Department of Labor (DOL) regulations.


Our firm handles business from a broad range of industries and sectors including local government, various engineering fields, software, IT consulting, health care, biotechnology, colleges, architecture, financial services, publishing, manufacturing, construction, food services, production companies, and transportation.  


We also work to obtain employment visas and green cards for individuals in an efficient and cost-effective manner. Small Businesses, corporations, and individuals rely on Cadavid & Associates to obtain the permits necessary to work in the US. 



B-1 Visitor Visas: The B-1 (Business Visitor) visa is available to visitors coming to the U.S. temporarily for business. Nationals of certain countries may be eligible under the Visa Waiver Program to visit the U.S. for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa.

E-1/E-2 Treaty Trader and Investor Visas: Investors and traders and their employees may receive visas to carry on their businesses in the U.S. if their home country has a commercial treaty with the US conferring visa eligibility.

H-1B Specialty Occupation Visas: Professional workers with at least a bachelor's degree/equivalent work experience may be eligible for a non-immigrant visa if their employers can demonstrate that they are to be paid at least the prevailing wage for the position.

J-1 and Q-1 Exchange Visitor Visas: Persons coming to the U.S. in an approved exchange program may be eligible for the J-1 Exchange Visitor's visa. J-1 programs often cover students, short-term scholars, business trainees, teachers, professors and research scholars, specialists, international visitors, government visitors, camp counselors, and au pairs.

L-1 Intracompany Transfer Visas: L-1 visas are available to executives, managers and specialized knowledge employees transferring to their employer's U.S. affiliate. Executives and managers holding L-1 visas may be eligible for permanent residency without the need for a labor certification.

O-1 Extraordinary Ability Worker Visas:  The O-1 category is available to foreign nationals with extraordinary ability. This includes entertainers, athletes, scientists, and businesspersons.

P-1 Artists and Athletes Visas: This category covers athletes, artists and entertainers.

TN Status under the North American Free Trade Agreement: A special category has been set up for nationals of Canada and Mexico under the provisions of the North American Free Trade Agreement.

EB-1 Foreign Nationals of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers and Multinational Executives and Managers: Individuals in this category can petition for permanent residency without having to go through the time consuming labor certification process.

EB-2 Workers with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability in the Sciences, Arts or Business:  

Visa holders in this category normally must have a job offer and the potential employer must complete the labor certification process. The labor certification involves a testing of the job market to demonstrate that the potential visa holder is not taking a job away from a U.S. worker. In cases where an individual can show that his entry is in the national interest, the job offer and labor certification requirements can be waived.

EB-3 Skilled Workers and Professionals: Visa holders in this category normally must have a job offer and the potential employer must complete the labor certification process.

I-9 Compliance, Audits, Consulting


bottom of page